Motions & Resolutions - October 8, 2007
|Motion Number||Description||Faculty Senate Committee||Action Taken by Senate||Provost’s Action||Board of Trustees’ Action|
|Motion FS 07-08/10-01,
Motion FS 07-08/10-02, and
Motion FS 07-08/10-03
|“Policy for Faculty Selection of Textbooks and Other Educational Materials” (University Bookstore Committee submitted proposed policy to the Provost on April 6, 2007.)
(Please refer to October 8, 2007 Minutes, Appendix C, for proposed text to policy.)
Motion FS 07-08/10-01 to delete the word “chairperson” in the last sentence of Section VII. Item F in the “Policy for Faculty Selection of Textbooks and Other Educational Materials”. Motion FS 07-08/10-01 passed.
Motion FS 07-08/10-02 to amend the amended motion to delete the entire last sentence in Section VII. Item F. Motion FS 07-08/10-02 passed.
Motion FS 07-08/10-03 to approve the amended “Policy for Faculty Selection of Textbooks and Other Educational Materials”. Motion FS 07-08/10-03 passed.
|Motion from floor||Passed||Pending|
|Motion FS 07-08/10-04||Senate Restructuring Proposal
(Please refer to October 8, 2007 Minutes, Appendix E, for Senate Restructuring Proposal.)
Motion FS 07-08/10-04 to approve presenting the Senate Restructuring Proposal to the faculty at large for a vote. Motion passed.
|Ad Hoc Committee on the Role of the Faculty Senate||Passed|
CURRENT INITIATIVES & INFORMATION
- DPC and Departmental Promotion and Tenure Committees
- Faculty Morale Survey Results (PDF)
- Athletics Feasibility Committee Report (PDF)
- Athletic Department's Response to Faculty Questions Related to Athletics Feasibility Study (PDF)
- Faculty Handbook Revisions - May 22, 2012 (PDF)
- General Administration Criteria for Reviewing Programs (DOCX)
- Results of Senate Survey on Policies Affecting Tenure-Line Faculty (PPT)
- Campus Planning Committee's Report on Carnegie Classification DRU Status (PDF)
- P&T Taskforce Report (PDF)